Diet and lifestyle cardiovascular disease treatment
Cardiovascular disease can be treated through diet and lifestyle interventions, including:
- Quitting Smoking: Quitting smoking improves your health and the health of your loved ones, since you’re no longer exposing them to secondhand smoke.
- Reducing Your Cholesterol: The higher your total cholesterol, the higher your chances of developing cardiovascular disease.
- Controlling Your Blood Pressure: Stress reduction, diet, exercise and medications will help keep your blood pressure in check.
- Exercising: Even mild to moderate amounts of physical activity — like walking or gardening — can improve your heart health.
- Changing Your Diet: Choosing vitamin-rich foods that are low in cholesterol and fat benefits your heart and your whole body.
- Maintaining a Healthy Weight: Carrying excess weight puts significant strain on your heart.
- Managing Stress: Manage stress by learning relaxation techniques, asking for help or speaking with one of our behavioral health specialists.